June 04, 2012

Totally sewing-unrelated post

This has nothing to do with sewing, but I still wanted to post some pictures of my new WIG! Yep, that's right. Normally, I don't like to wear wigs very much because they itch like crazy, but last week I got a wig cap (which looks like a pantyhose-style sock for your head) and TADA! no more itch! The wigs still sit crazy tight around the head giving me headaches, but at least the itch was gone.

And because of that I thought I'd try another wig, have two from before, but not a curly/wavy one, and that's what my own hair used to be. So here it is, one picture with the hair down and one with up.



(Don't my eyes look a little crazy in these webcam photos...?)

I took a chance with the colour, because the colour cards on the website were really weird. This colour looked light blonde/greyish, but it's not IRL. I'm pleased though, because it turned out better than I expected.

Oh, and on a sewing note, I have cut out fabric to make a t-shirt out of stretchy knit fabric... Yikes! How will it go...? You'll see in my next post.

Bye for now,

Johanna (aka Baldy) :)

5 comments:

  1. Baldy, oh my goodness! Those wigs look great! To me they look really natural, I mean I can't even see a front it looks like it blends right with your scalp. I'm guessing the blonde hair in your profile picture was a wig then? Good luck on the t-shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, so sweet of you. About the wigs, the ones you have seen have something called lace front, which means that there hardly is a front line. It looks very good that way. My blonde wig (profile photo) it really expensive and of course the most comfortable one, but the new one was quite OK. Wig prices are crazy though, the expensive one cost £390 and the curly $49.
      Well, I'm off to buy a new twin needle since my other one broke during sewing the neckline of my t-shirt...

      Delete
  2. What a pretty wig, I think the colour and curl look so natural. I still love the no wig look equally as much though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you! I'm still working on liking both the wig- and the no wig-look and it's really encouraging to get comments like yours.

      Delete
  3. Good to know what the name/style of that wig was...Lace front. I'll remember that, my grandma bought herself one and she was hating hers. I should know this stuff right since I'm in cosmetology school. Duh me

    ReplyDelete