July 22, 2012

Decision anguish

I've been thinking and thinking about my next sewing project, and I just can't make up my mind...

After getting my overlocker, I wanted to use it for making some t-shirts, but I just don't have the fabric for that, and I don't feel like going out and buying some just because.

I also wanted to use the fabrics I have bought lately and also the patterns. But even though there are some great combos there, I just chicken out, because I don't want to use fabric I like and then regret it... Does this sound weird?

Most of the times when I actually make something, it's either because it's such an obvious combination between pattern and fabric (bought for each other) or I FORCE myself to get started on something. For example my first Burda Easy blouse. I feel weird...

Anyway, tried to get out of my sewing paralysis by talking to my best friend when she was here on Friday. I showed her my new fabrics and patterns and she suggested this combo:

Simplicity 1882 and the cotton satin from Stoff and stil.



The fabric is black and white and I was thinking of making the collar and pocket flaps (?) black as on the pattern envelope. And I'm also thinking short sleeves, sleeveless just isn't me and 3/4 sleeves just get bulky when you're wearing a cardigan over.

What do you think? Is this the way to go?

Even though we're in the middle of summer, I'm having a hard time thinking about sewing summer clothes. I'm already thinking of autumn and winter, and also I like my clothes to be wearable the year around. But at the same time I don't feel like sewing the Ginger denim skirt I've been talking about for months, since it feels more like autumn....

OK, I'd better stop now, because I'm really starting to sound whiny, and I don't want that.

Bye for now,

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment