July 13, 2012

Early birthday present

I have a birthday coming up in a few weeks and I thought I'd finally take the plunge and order an overlock machine/serger. I've been drooling over them on the web for years it seems. My husband has been asking me frequently lately what I want for my birthday, and yesterday as I was yet again drooling over the overlockers, I said that I wanted money to help me buy one.

As he was glad to get out of going shopping for a present, he transferred money on the spot and I ordered straight away from Sewing machines direct, which is a great webshop with great prices and the nicest salesman (?), Russell. He always replies fast with great answers when you e-mail and my overloker was dispatched yesterday already!

What did I get then? I decided to get the Brother 1034D, because it had several accessories included: a piping foot, a gathering foot, a blind hem foot and four white thread cones. I also ordered four black and four cream thread cones. I'm so excited, yay!!!

Ok, back to my vacation.

Bye for now,

Johanna

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you are so quick at sewing, I can't wait to see what you create with your new overlocker. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious! tee hee...I use a Brother sewing maching and it's got built in stitches...but the serger is gonna make life easier or so I've heard! Happy Birthday a little early!

    ReplyDelete