Last Friday I made this version in cotton lawn (I guess that's what it is, it's cotton anyway). I didn't have a lot of fabric and there was a big hole in the middle. Because of the hole, I had to arrange the pattern piece (yes, there's only ONE!) so that in the front the stripes are horizontal and in the back they are vertical. I'm totally OK with that, I even think it looks cool.
|Here you can see the stripes NOT matching!|
On Wednesday I was in town and got some cheap printed jersey to make more versions of this top. One turned out a little longer, more tunic-like.
I added black edges to the last one, to get a different look and it turned out really well.
I very much recommend this pattern if you want a quick and easy top. I adore kimono-sleeves, so this was perfect for me! I used my overlocker for most of the job, which made everything SO easy and fast. Love it!
Until next time,